Monday, August 17, 2009

If I HAD a million dollars....

The past few weeks, the ladies and I have been pooling our money together and buying lottery tickets.

We bought one early last week and didn't win.
And neither did anyone else so the pot went up.

If we won, each server and our hostess would get AT LEAST 19million a piece.
...after taxes.

Early this week we pooled money together again to try and get that 19million each.
(we had decided that we didn't win the first time because the victory was going to be so much sweeter since we had the "company morale" meeting and we could all go in after winning and quit)

We all started to think about what we would do with our 19million.

Of course, first off, everyone said they would quit their jobs.

After that, everyone seemed to have these grandiose plans for their share.

Around the world trips, head to toe plastic surgery, mansions on the beach.

Maybe I'm just not a dreamer but my plans were not so grand.

Number One, I would buy my mom a small house in Fort Lauderdale. And pay off her car. I'd buy my grandmother a house. And hire a full time nurse for her.

Then I would make sure I had enough money set aside for textbooks and tuition for the next few years.

I would then buy myself a small house in 5 Points and pay off my car.

I would get Lasik surgery for my eyes and fix my teeth.

I would give some to a group of friends who want to start a theatre in town.
I'd also give a fair ammount to EACH theatre in town.

I would make sure that the White's were properly re-paid for EVERYTHING they have ever done for me.

And then, just save whatever was left. Invest wisely.

...I am not an incredibly religious person. I believe in a higher power and I am very spiritual. And I pray. So I prayed. We all prayed.

We all thought it would be such a cool story. These disgruntled waitresses- some single mom's, some working their way through school, some who never get to see their husbands because they work night shifts and we work days- winning the lottery and being set up for life.

Well today, I found out- we did win!

...7.00$

I guess we weren't specific enough with our prayers. He answered them, just not in the way we thought. I got a little chuckle out of that.

So we're taking that 7.00$ and buying another set of tickets.

Maybe next time???

Happy Gambling!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty funny! Maybe next time it'll be the big money. :)

    ReplyDelete